I've edited this post to include gluten and dairy free options!
- 1/3 cup oats, raw (1/3 cup gluten free oats, raw)
- 1/4 cup powdered skim milk, not reconstituted (1/4 cup arrowroot starch)
- 1/3 cup applesauce, unsweetened***
- 1 Tbsp raisins
- 2 pinches stevia powder
- 1 Tbsp water (or enough to form a cookie dough that will spread out a bit when baking)
- 1 Tbsp wheat flour (1 Tbsp gluten free flour mix)
- 1 tsp-1 Tbsp of fat (I like nut butter or coconut oil)
- 1 tsp baking powder (gluten free baking powder)
Preheat oven to 350. Mix ingredients together and pour one big cookie (or a couple of smaller cookies) on to cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 12-15 minutes or until center is done.
You can use any fruit or vegetable puree.
Puree 2/3 cup strawberries or blueberries (warning blueberries will turn your cookie grayish-blue, but it taste good) or 1 small banana to make 1/3 cup of puree.
Add 2 tsp of cocoa powder to make it chocolate. Almond butter and banana puree is delicious for a chocolate cookie.
Add 1 Tbsp chocolate chips (carob chips) or 1 Tbsp chopped nuts.
Use 1/3 cup canned pumpkin in place of fruit puree + 1 tsp pumpkin spice.
Delicious Dishes Simple Lives Thursday
Slightly Indulgent Tuesday Pennywise Platter Thursday
What's Cooking Wednesday Recipe Swap Thursday
Gluten Free Wednesday Tip Day Thursday
Works For Me Wednesday Full Plate Thursday
Real Food Wednesday Frugal Food Thursday
Food & Health Carnival